CALL FOR PAPERS!!!! Deadline is March 1st
Women of Color Scholarship, Teaching, and Activism Group
American Academy of Religion
November 2016, San Antonio, TX
SUBMIT, SUBMIT, SUBMIT!!!
The Women of Color Scholarship, Teaching, and Activism Group fosters intellectual exchange in the fields of religious studies and theology as they are developing in diverse communities of color that utilize intersectional analyses as methodological posture and site of inquiry. While the AAR features Program Units from diverse communities of color, we provide a space for conversation between communities of color.
This group welcomes proposals in any area related to women of color scholarship, teaching, and activism. For the 2016 meeting, we are particularly interested in proposals that focus on:
• Women of color and the rhetorical violence of the presidential election process
• Women of color and the politics of love
• Racialized aesthetics, women of color beauty and hatred
• Violence against immigrant women of color; women’s migration and violence (co-sponsored with Ethics Section)
• Invisibility, marginality, liminality, and women of color
• Women of color bodies as sites of resistance
• Women of color and popular culture (i.e. women of color of rappers, transnational hip-hop)
• Women of color activisms in church, academy, and society