Before I preached at Vaughan Community Church, I was on the “Keep Hope Alive” Radio Show with Rev. Jesse Jackson discussing the year in review.
On KEEP HOPE ALIVE with REV. JESSE JACKSON Radio Show Today
Sunday, December 31, 2017
“Happy New Year”.
Welcome to KEEP HOPE ALIVE with REV. JESSE JACKSON… it’s a blessing to have made it through another year and to be with you today…
#HappyNewYear, KEEP HOPE ALIVE with REV. JESSE JACKSON Radio Show Family…well, almost…
That’s right, “almost”…It’s not 2018 yet…And, because you can’t know where you’re going unless you know and understand where you’ve been, let’s look back at this momentous year, and the events that made it so…
What were the biggest, most impactful stories of 2017? And, how could these stories shape 2018?
● Trump Inauguration and Presidency
● Women’s March
● Democratic victories in:
■ Virginia/Governor, Lt. Governor
■ New Jersey
○ Alabama/US Senate
■ New York City
■ Jackson, MS
● Chokwe Antar Lumumba
● Randall Woodfin
■ New Orleans
○ What could this wave of Democratic victories mean for the 2018 Midterms?
● North Korea
● Trump Federal Judiciary Appointments
○ 91 percent male
○ 81 percent White
Although we’re not “live” today, today we’re living on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. We want to hear from you about today’s show…
● TWEET Rev. Jackson: @RevJJackson
You can also:
● TWEET @Santitaj
● FACEBOOK: SANTITA JACKSON and FRIENDS
Joining us today are the members of our panel:
● ALABAMA STATE REPRESENTATIVE MERIKA COLEMAN;
● ALABAMA CIVIL RIGHTS ATTORNEY ROSE SANDERS;
● GARY FLOWERS: Host, GARY FLOWERS RADIO SHOW; Richmond, VA’s WREJ-AM 990;
● ATTY. TERRY O’NEILL;
● REV. DR. GRACE JI-SUN KIM; Prof and author
● REV. FRANK WATKINS;
● REV. DR. TODD YEARY;
● TREVOR GERVAIS: Lead Organizer, COMMON CAUSE and leader of the NATIONAL POPULAR VOTE campaign; and,
● BETTY MAGNESS: Rainbow PUSH and INDEPENDENT VOTERS of ILLINOIS.