It was a joy to be on Keep Hope Alive Radio Show with Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., and with producer Santita Jackson. We discussed voting rights, racism and the role of religion during the elections.
On the KEEP HOPE ALIVE with REV. JESSE JACKSON Radio Show NOW
Sunday, July 16, 2017
Thank you all for making a great 46th Rainbow/PUSH Coalition International Conference this past week…
Civil Rights—Education and Scholarships—Human Rights—Love Fest—Tech Expo—International Affairs—Diversification of Silicon Valley—Student Loan Debts—Sports…WE HAD IT ALL!!!
We’d like to give a special shout out to the staff,volunteers and boards of the RPC—as well as International Affairs Director, James Gomez, for leading a tremendous contingent from the African continent—and to TIGRESS FINANCIAL FOUNDER/CEO Cynthia DiBartolo for leading a delegation of 16 students from China to this conference…
And we wrapped it all up with two major addresses from Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders…
And we had some key takeaways:
●How can we protect our vote from voter roll purges—like those spurred by the infamous CROSSCHECK system which targets African/Hispanic/Asian American?
●The Democrats have won more votes than Republicans, yet they have won far fewer seats. How can that be?
●How do we obtain the Constitutionally-protected right to vote?
Today we have two guests who can explain this attack upon our votes…
Greg Palast: THE BEST DEMOCRACY MONEY CAN BUY
David Daley: RATF*****: WHY YOUR VOTE DOESN’T COUNT
Democrats are zero for four in 2017…What can be done to turn things around for 2018 and 2020?
● DAVID DALEY:Navy Senior Fellow, FAIRVOTE and Author, RAT******: THE TRUE STORY BEHIND THE PLAN TO STEAL AMERICA’S DEMOCRACY;
● GREG PALAST:Writer-Producer, THE BEST DEMOCRACY MONEY CAN BUY;
● Wisconsin STATE SENATOR LENA TAYLOR;
● NOW President ATTY. TERRY O’NEILL;
● ATTY. BARBARA ARNWINE: The Transformative Justice Coalition;
● MARK THOMPSON: Host, SIRIUS XM: MAKE IT PLAIN Radio Show;
● Pennsylvania STATE SENATOR VINCENT HUGHES;
● REV. DR. GRACE JI-SUN KIM; author of Embracing the Other
● BETTY MAGNESS: Rainbow/PUSH and Independent Voters of Illinois;
● REV. FRANK WATKINS: Author, Founder Operation PUSH and RAINBOW PUSH COALITION.